Are you looking for Business forecasting or budgeting services
Let our professionals at Fractal Accounting help you improve your planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
Budgeting is an important component of financial success for any business. A budget is a business’s financial plan to better manage monthly, quarterly and annual cash inflows and outflows. The purpose of budgeting is as follows:
- Provides a benchmark of evaluating performance against financial goals and objectives
- Helps an organization allocate financial resources between various operating groups
- An effective communication tool used to express financial goals and objectives of the organization
- Enables the organization to authorize the use of financial resources
Three common forms of financial budgets that most companies prepare are as follows:
Operating budgets – prepared annually for the company and its departments. Annual costs of different projects are also included in the operating budgets.
Project budgets – prepared for the entire life of a project. They are used to control and report individual cost of a project.
Capital budgets – prepared to help identify, assess and plan for a company’s capital needs to meet their goals and objectives. Capital expenditures include furniture and equipment, capital software and more.
Fractal Accounting is able to provide high-quality and more efficient budgeting services at very competitive rates.
Forecasting is a process that allows businesses to use historical data to make financial projections in the long-run. The purpose of forecasting is as follows:
- A useful tool that provides information to make intelligent business decisions
- Helps to identify unexpected issues; therefore, allowing timely corrective action
- Allows companies to quickly identify potential opportunities
- An effective communication tool used to express expected/anticipated financial results
Fractal Accounting is able to provide high quality and unique fractal business measurement in Canada for forecasting performance.
Many people are often confused with the differences between budgeting and forecasting. Budgeting is a financial plan that is prepared annually and it identifies desired results (goals and/or objectives) of a company. Forecasting is a projection of expected results within a given year. Note the difference: budgets are financial plans with desired results; whereas, forecasts are predictions of expected results.
Fractal Accounting will work with your finance and accounting department to look at major differences between actual versus forecasted, and provide feedback and/or comments on areas of improvement.